This rather tired 1930’s office/workshop building has been revitalised with some selective refurbishment.
Work was split in to 3 sections: common parts upgrading; refurbishment of existing floors and then the extension of the ground and basement floors to provide an additional 1300m2 of high grade office space.
“The major challenge of this scheme was the excavation of the basement slab and the removal of the access ramp into the basement with limited working hours due to the occupied floors above and the nearby residential properties.”
The existing building is steel framed with plated and rivetted columns clad in brickwork. In order to free up some basement space the brickwork has been removed and the columns then coated with intumescent paint.
A ground floor extension has also been added together with a new external terrace.